pete (at) peterjstucke (dot) com
Mr. Stucke is seeking an instructional design position in the Tampa, Florida area. Mr. Stucke has strong verbal, written, and pedagogical skills; experience with many of the popular software suites and products; learning and behavior principles, project management skills, and he functions very well in a team-oriented environment or alone.
Sr. Training Manager Design 11/11 - Present
AT&T -- Tampa, FL
- Manage design project kick-offs and follow-up meetings, ensuring clear, timely, and effective project communications among design team members, associated media developers, client staff, and Learning Services leadership.
- Develop survey instruments and processes for the conducting of needs assessment and gap analysis in order to ensure the appropriateness of designed instructional materials, and for use in analysis and assessment of learner performance for the Learning Services and client organizations.
- Contribute to the selection/development of training content design tools and applications, content management systems, and learning management systems under the direction of Learning Services leadership.
- Explore, evaluate and recommend, to Learning Services leadership, new technologies to improve development and delivery of learning solutions to client groups.
- Provide support with the operation and management of the corporate learning and content management systems to the Learning Services' Learning Solutions organization.
- Participate in the development, implementation, ongoing review, and revision of Learning Services policies, standards, and processes to insure deliverables meet standards of excellence and consistency in terms of instructional design integrity.
- Create, implement, and maintain state of the art learning templates for use within development processes, content design, and instructional applications.
- Support ongoing definition, implementation, and maintenance of Learning Services departmental audit processes, editing standards, on-line help and documentation systems, designer/instructor certification processes and training client web portals.
- Manage/team-lead/mentor Learning Services contracted designer personnel.
- Work with Learning Services leadership in the attainment of and adherence to all budgetary goals and objectives.
- Work with Learning Services Network Delivery groups in the facilitation/delivery/TTT process of developed solutions.
Developer 12/08 - 11/11
Collabera Inc. (for AT&T) -- Tampa, FL
- Contracted to support various training projects in the client's IT department.
- Responsible for the design, development, quality assurance, and deployment of multiple, concurrent project.
- Extensive employment of various authoring/development tools including AT&T Connect, SCOBi, Snagit, Lectora; Adobe Captivate, Connect, Flash, and Photoshop; Microsoft Office, including Visio and other tools during the design and development process of multiple, SCORM compliant, training projects.
Instructional Design Manager 07/07 - 09/08
Fidelity National Information Services (FIS) -- St. Petersburg, FL
- Analyzed subject matter via information mapping techniques and categorized it to match the target audience.
- Organized information effectively so that new concepts/ideas were easy to access, understand, and recall
- Utilized standardized information modules, each containing a single, central objective.
- Employed standards-based presentation format information so that modules can be easily reused for other purposes.
- Performed needs analyses by evaluating current performance levels, conducted audience analyses, and conducted task analyses.
- Consulted with all levels within the organization & departments by conducting needs analyses and preparing summary reports and appropriate educational strategies.
- Independently communicated with client management and other project team members to determine the project plan and budget.
- Designed educational programs by creating audience profiles, including detailed task analyses, writing clear and specific objectives, and analyzing and outlining program content.
- Developed educational programs by creating course maps, selected learner activities, selected the appropriate delivery medium, storyboarded & authored courses; created instructional materials for use in classroom presentations, independent learning sessions, and daily user references including job aids, help text, user manuals, and instructor guides.
- Evaluated the effectiveness and appropriateness of educational materials and instructor methods.
- Responsible for the design and the development of all call center training for hundreds of customer service representatives.
- Responsible for the design and the development of Web-based, phone skills & general customer service training.
- Responsible for the administration, implementation and maintenance of a SharePoint portal in support of all customer service representatives.
- Responsible for maintaining hundreds of documents in a SharePoint content management system across all organizational departments.
Instructional Designer 05/00 - 06/06
Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC) -- Largo, FL
- Employed SCORM standardization principles during the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation stages of the training software life cycle.
- Authored multiple equipment job training aids and accompanying instructional videos created for the U.S. Navy's Special Operations Command using a variety of tools including Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe ImageReady, and Microsoft FrontPage.
- Authored hundreds of hours of computer- and web-based training courses for various entities within the U.S. Military, both enlisted and officer training programs using a variety of software tools including Adobe Authorware, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Flash, Snagit, and Robo Demo.
- Developed a sophisticated Microsoft Access database for storyboard production, along with a review database for keeping track of and sharing revisions with other team members. This database has significantly reduced errors and improved production time.
- Developed a Microsoft Active Server Pages (ASP) / Microsoft Access database solution for tracking customer review comments. This vastly improved turn-around time between customer comments and revisions.
- Developed a .NET software application used to gather data and generate reports for use by the Army Corps of Engineers.
- Adobe Products (Dreamweaver, Flash, Captivate, Presenter, Connect)
- Office productivity suites (Microsoft, Open Office)
- Authoring/screen recording tools (Lectora, Snagit, Captivate, Courselab)
- Content/learning management suites (SharePoint, Moodle, Joomla, Wordpress)
- Audio/video editors (Adobe Premier, Sound Forge, Audacity, KDENlive)
- Windows/Linux operating systems
- M.Ed., Instructional Technology -- University of South Florida
- B.A., Psychology -- University of South Florida
- A.A., Liberal Arts -- Hillsborough Community College